Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Our Garden!

I have been wanting a garden for years! We had an incredible garden when Porter was a baby but had to leave it behind when we moved. We finally started the back breaking labor of clearing rock, tilling, shoveling, running sprinklers and dripper lines, putting up a fence and finally planting! So far we have planted watermelon, green onion,, spinach, beans, okra, tomato, artichokes, brussels sprouts, jalepeno peppers, bell peppers, carrots, radishes and squash. We still need to plant canteloupe, cucumber and corn. I am so excited I can hardly stand it:) The kids have loved the outside time too!





2 comments:

tyler family said...

Thank you for finally posting new stuff, I was getting ready to send you a threatening letter. But, since you came around on your own, I will not be holding it against you :) p.s. Now I need to post something of my own.

Tiffany Haynes said...

I have never wanted a garden until this last year. My in-laws have an awesome garden and it's so rewarding to eat the very things you grow on your own. I love it. Yours looks incredible and delicious.