Friday, December 4, 2009

My slow return to the land of the living!

Yes, it has been a while since I last posted. Life has been BUSY! Who knew that one little body could create so much more laundry? So here is a little update. Sorry no picts this week:(
Hopefully next week!

Porter is doing great. He is loving scouts and has even passed off all of the requirements for his bobcat! His baptism was beautiful. I decided at the last minute to make him a nice crisp new tie for the occasion. So the day before the baptism I pulled out some leftover fabric from my wedding dress and made him one. It turned out very handsome. He even got a CTR tie tack from his primary teacher (Thanks Sister Gardner!!). He has been very responsible with his new scriptures with his name on them, and has finished the first chapter of Nephi all on his own!

Avonell has been a little attitude girl lately! I guess she figured that since Porter was behaving himself that she could have a turn to be a stinker! Even at her worst she is pretty sweet so I can't complain. She is loving school and reads like there is no tomorrow. She informed me a couple of weeks ago that she has 2 boyfriends at school and one of them told her he wants to marry her! Oh boy, am I worried about that one! All she has to do is bat those eyelashes and she's got just about anyone hooked!

Becca is finally adjusting to being "de-throned"! I think it is mostly because I am getting a good schedule down again and she knows when to expect to get some special attention. She loves to climb on my lap and read and probably would do that all day if we could! I think she is finally getting a hang of this potty training thing too! We still need to work on getting her through the night but we are getting there!

Little Samantha is just as cute as ever. She is smiling and cooing. I found a tickle spot last week and even got a laugh out of her! Everywhere we go we get comments on her hair. Try as we might we can not get it to lay down flat! It is always sticking straight up in the air:) She has been a sweet and snuggly addition to our family.

Drew and I are the boring ones! Just the same as ever. The whole family has been suffering from colds in varying stages oddly enough I think it has hit Drew and I the hardest! You should hear the Rappleye family first thing in the morning! Coughing, hacking, sneezing, groaning times 6!

There you have it! The latest from our house to yours!

2 comments:

Teanne said...

So nice to read up on your life even though I saw you just today. :-) We love you and your family.
It makes me feel so good to hear about Porter's baptism and his new scriptures. That is so nice. That little Becca is sure a sweet girl. She loves to read in nursery too. What a nice little family you have.

Unknown said...

Good to see you are back! We are desperate for news from friends. Looking forward to seeing some pictures- I can't believe Porter is in scouts. Kids grow up way too fast!