Tuesday, December 28, 2010

This little piggy ate mmmmmm leftovers!

I have found myself being very hungry these days! I am starting to wonder if my body thinks I am growing an army instead of just 1 baby! I made this soup last night for dinner. I actually doubled the darn thing and there was only 1 serving left for me to scarf down for my second breakfast/first lunch;) It is a perfect winter soup.

Cream Cheese Chicken Soup (feel free to go vegetarian!)
By Kathy Rappleye
1 small onion, chopped
1 T butter
3 C chicken broth
3 medium carrots, sliced
2 medium potatoes, cubed
2 C cooked chicken, cubed
2 T minced fresh parsley
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 C flour
1 C milk
1 pkg cream cheese (8 oz), cubed

In a large saucepan saute the onion in the butter. Add broth, carrots and potatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until vegetables are tender. Add the chicken, parsley, salt and pepper. Heat through. Combine flour and milk until smooth; add to the vegetable mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat. Add the cream cheese; cook and stir until melted.

2 comments:

Tiffany Haynes said...

That sounds delicious! Too bad my husband isn't a fan of soups. I could seriously eat them for every meal. I'm so jealous your hungry all the time. I eat half a portion of what I would have eaten pre-pregnancy and I'm full for hours. Lame!! I wanna eat!!!

Unknown said...

Congrats on #5! I'm hoping you are still coming to London's Run- but I"m sure getting pregnant has put a damper on the training schedule!